Sunday, November 23, 2014

Celebrating my greatest inspiration!

Good Morning Everyone! I cannot believe that today marks the beginning of Thanksgiving week - - - and we will be decorating our home for Christmas soon afterwards!  Oh my goodness, time has flown by this year.  It seems to fly by much faster as I have gotten older.  Our weather has been very winter-like, too.  But I hear that we may be getting some much warmer temperatures today!  YAY!

I would like to share a layout that I just made today.  I used the current sketch from the
Once Upon A . . . Sketch journaling challenge blog. ♥ 

Here's the beautiful sketch:



Their journalling theme this month is . . .  "Inspiration/I am inspired by etc..."

I immediately  knew that I wanted to use this wonderful sketch, and here's the layout I created with my newest scrapbook papers that my daughters gave me from Webster's Pages:


The "All That Glitters" paper started out like this:


Isn't it awesome?  I just HAD to use this paper right away, so I fussy cut a recent (and favorite!!) photo of my daughters, Katie and Anne:


I printed the photo on vellum and reversed it to add their beautiful reflection.  And I sprayed the words with glimmer mist and stamped their reverse images on my page to make the reflection of the words!

My journaling reads as follows:

I've been so many places and have seen many things
But none quite as lovely as the two of you
More beautiful than the Mona Lisa
Worth more than gold
And my eyes have the pleasure to behold you both
I cannot believe that God has graced me with such wonderful daughters
Katie and Anne, you're my greatest inspiration!

I was inspired by Teddy Pendergrass' song "My greatest Inspiration"  for my journaling!  Of course, the words come from my heart!!! ♥ 

And . . . here are some different views of my layout:




I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making this layout and want to thank
  "Once Upon A . . . Sketch" for providing me the inspiration to start my page.  
I couldn't have done it without out you!  HUGS!!!! ♥ 

And now I would like to share some photos that I took when my husband and I went for a walk yesterday morning.  It was cold, crisp, and clear, and the clouds were so pretty:


The farm down the street from us looked so beautiful:


The geese were having a great time on the pond:

And the oak tree still has quite a lot of it's leaves:

As you can see, it's not quite winter here yet!  I think Autumn is still in full bloom!

And a great big thank you to YOU for stopping by my blog today! ♥ 

Hugs to you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your visits here!  And to those of you who live in the USA:  Happy Thanksgiving!
♥ ♥ ♥ 

29 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! The lo and the photos!! LOVING how you mirrored the photo and the title!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous layout, Sharon! It's beautiful and the journaling is so lovely and loving! That paper and the picture are great.
    I hope you are staying warm! Have wonderful Thanksgiving, Sharon! Blessing to you and you lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunningly clever page you have out together....beautifully executed. Gobsmackingly gorgeous:):) loooove it!!!! Love seeing the transformation!!!!! Sooo glad we inspired you at OUAS this month & that you shared this with us.....don't forget to pop it on our FB page - someone has to win those paints!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! It's stunning Sharon!! At first I thought you painted it somehow, so gorgeous. I love how you did this, would never thought to add the images this way but it's perfect for it. Maybe you should frame this one, I really love it. Great job on the layout and the beautiful words for it too. The girls are so lucky to have you as their mom.

    Sharon, I can't believe all the fall you still have, I'm jealous, lol. Our fall is gone even with the new warm temps and melted snow, it's gone. I would love to walk on that road with you, beautiful scenery and great ideas to sketch too. Enjoy it my friend.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family this week. Love and hugs!

    p.s. I can't believe it's the end of November either. I just posted some PL pages, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is definitely my new fav of yours... it is perfect and I reckon in a frame on your wall is where this beauty should be kept to be seen every day.. love how you have fussy cut the photo like that and the paper you have used is stunning.. love this one.. love the journalling too.. and love the photos of your scenery.. very pretty.. and still very autumny... have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is stunning...love the affect of the reflections. Beautiful fall photos my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages. I like the outlining around the page and on the journal stripes. Well done, really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live within a wonderfully rich landscape Sharon, your photographs are so beautiful, thank you for sharing.

    Your page is so delicate and ethereal, loving the colours and the words and how you have integrated the image of your daughters. A stunning page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible! I never would have guessed how you did the reflection. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is absolutely beautiful! Your daughters, of course, make it even more so. What blessings. I enjoyed your photos, too; there's nothing like walking in the country. Here on the farm we're having warm temps (seventy today) and are enjoying them as long as they'll last (alas, not long).

    Sending blessings to you on this beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page turned out great! I love how you put the girls right into that beautiful scene.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout is beautiful!! It's so dreamy and fun!! I love your photos too, autumn colours are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow awesome photography and your LO is a work of art....I do must the Autumn colours as I live in the coast

    ReplyDelete
  14. This page is absolutely breathtaking!! I love how you've created the reflection!! Thanks for joining us for our November OUAS challenge!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous! The vellum reflection is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharon! This is an absolutely incredible page. I am so impressed with that technique. I'll have to try it.

    Your photography is stunning as always! I'm wishing you a beautifully Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a lovely sketch to start with and your page is just so beautiful.
    I love the joyful photo and the amazing way you have created the reflection, and the stitching to make a frame. It looks like a delicate painting, brilliant artwork.
    Thanks for the photos of your walk too, I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I am impressed by the idea to make the reflection like this!! Love this layout, a great example what scrapbooking can be ! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous and fabulous!!! I am amazed at how talented you are Sharon, love the reflection effect! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a stunning layout!! I had to follow the link from SB.com to see how you did the reverse images! Great inspiration, just the technique I have been looking for. Seems to be a lot easier than some methods I have seen. Love the idea of using the chipboard word as a stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just sublime Sharon, a fave for me. Love how you did the reflection .Somehow my mind doesn't work like that and I am confused just trying to work it out , but it looks so great and you are a clever chicken. Love the journalling, such beautiful words. Always enjoy looking at your pics that you post as well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your layout is beautiful Sharon! How clever to print the reflection on vellum...the effect is magical!
    You live in such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sharon this layout just blew me away when I saw it on OUAS. It's absolutely sensational! It's different, creative and stunning. If I was voting on OUAS I'd put this one on top of the list! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had to tell you that this is one of the most beautiful layouts I have EVER seen!!! You deserved to win 150%, congratulations and thank you soooo much for the inspiration! I will try to make one with this technique, it's amazing!!!!! Hats off to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sharon!!!!!!! So so so creative and so beautiful! I have to say that yes that paper is so so pretty, but your ideas how to use it is just brilliant! Love how you cut out that great photo, and great journaling.....So creative and I am so glad you won! so well deserved....I always really enjoy your photos too...gorgeous landscapes you have...big hugs, Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow....this is a beaut of a page and how awesome to have won the very last challenge at OUAS! That is certainly a feather in your cap Sharon!!!!! Absolutely fabulous page and such a deserving win! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an awesome creation! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Gals Corner DT Call!
    ♥ Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!