Friday, September 15, 2017

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful, Scraps of Darkness August Kit, 2017

Hi everyone!  

I'm here today to share my third project made with the  August, 2017 Scraps of Darkness 

WOW!  This kit is full of amazing paper and embellishments that make your layouts really shine!

I enjoyed making this page using a photo that I just took while on vacation this summer:


I was looking for a moody effect, so I converted it to black and white:


I took the photo while walking on the Atlantic City boardwalk one evening.  The Bruce Springsteen song "Born to Run" came to mind when I printed it out the b&w version.

Here's my page:


This time I used the "Grateful Heart" paper from Prima's Rose Quartz Collection as my background.

I was drawn to this pink and white color scheme.

Here are some close-ups:





 This page was so quick and easy to make using the Scraps of Darkness main kit:  


and add-ons!!





Happy Scrapping everyone!




7 comments:

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo, the clouds and the feather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! AMAZING LAYOUT !Happy weekend Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO, the change to b/w was a great idea. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how different that photo looks in B/W compared with the color version. Great choice putting it on the wood patterned paper. LOVE the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous! I love those clouds and fantastic photo too.. Beautiful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous pic! The mood changes dramatically when converted to black and white. I also Love the use of the "Born to Run" lyric. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!